IndInMan

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Happy Teachers Day

A tree owes its existence not to the seed from where it germinated; but to the gentle gardener who took the pain of sowing it, nourishing it daily, and seeing it grow to reach great heights.

Same is the role played by teachers in our lives; their only goal is to see their students germinate into confident individuals who can carve their own niche in their chosen fields.

I distinctly remember some my teachers from school days whose lessons I have learnt for life...

I remember my English teacher of Std. 4, Mrs Celine Ishwar who taught about the virtues of kindness, and being gentle with all things; she once saw one of us tearing apart a sheet from a book for scribbling a note; and she had commented
Do you feel pain when someone twists over your hand? Now imaging the level of pain you would feel if someone were to break your hand into two...


I remember my Maths teacher of Std. 5, Mrs Premila Ravi; she was also the Quizzing incharge for the school; From her I learnt what Competetive spirit is and what hunger for knowledge meant; she used to coach students representing the school in Quizzing events, and such was her dedication and devotion to her job that she used to sometimes skip meals to spend quality time with the students.

I have been fortunate to have met a number of such great individuals during my schooling days, and also in my professional career.
In the professional field, they are no longer called Teachers; they are Mentors; who essentially play a similar role of nurturing the talent within the company, grooming the next generation of leaders, inculcating the value system of the organization:: all this essentially to ensure that the Organization makes the transition to the next higher level in a fair and square way.

One of Corporate Indias great leaders; Mr Subroto Bagchi (Gardener to MindTree) has identified a similar role for himself to nurture talent within the organization, and take it to Stratospheric heights;

On this Teachers Day, I sincerely thank from the bottom of my heart all the great beings that I have got a chance to learn from...

Thank You,
Manish

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home